Cindy sits on the Following Committees for the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors where she serves as vice president:
This committee is focused on a wide variety of issues in the areas of social services and child support services. In addition, the committee reviews the budgets for the County Social Services Agency, In-Home Supportive Services and the Department of Child Support Services.
Finance and Government Operations Committee, Vice-Chair
The Finance and Government Operations Committee (FGOC) provides oversight and direction in areas of Finance, Budget, Technology and Capital Projects. The FGOC maintains the strongest linkage to the budget process, and is tasked with reviewing the budget process and working toward the most efficient and effective process possible. The FGOC also focuses on identifying cost-saving recommendations through the use of the Board's independent management auditor, the Harvey Rose Corporation. The Harvey Rose Corporation conducts an annual review of the Recommended Budget Document to assure its accuracy and to identify areas where savings or additional revenues can be found. Finally, the FGOC reviews the budgets of:
- Office of the County Executive
- Office of the County Counsel
- Office of the Assessor
- The Registrar of Voters
- Information Services Department
- Facilities and Fleet
- Tax Collector
- Department of Revenue
- Office of the Clerk Recorder
- Office of the Clerk of the Board
Regional Board Assignments
Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), Commissioner representing Santa Clara County
MTC is the transportation planning, financing, and coordinating agency for the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area.
They collaborate with a network of other public agencies to help support the streets, roads, highways, transit systems and other transportation resources that help millions of people get to where they need to be.
MTC is governed by a 21-member board, the majority of whom are elected officials from throughout the Bay Area. The MTC Board also serves as the policy board for MTC's two affiliated agencies, the Bay Area Toll Authority and Service Authority for Freeways and Expressways.
Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), Chair
The California Legislature created the Air District in 1955 as the first regional air pollution control agency in the country. The Air District aims to create a healthy breathing environment for every Bay Area resident while protecting and improving public health, air quality, and the global climate.
The Air District’s Board of Directors is made up of 24 locally elected representatives from the nine Bay Area counties. Each county’s population determines the number of representatives on the Board. Santa Clara County has four representatives.
Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
VTA is an independent, special district that is responsible for public transportation services, highway improvements and countywide transportation planning in Santa Clara County. VTA Board of Directors sets VTA policy. The Board has 17 members and two ex-officio members, all of whom are elected officials appointed to serve on our Board by the jurisdictions they represent. Fourteen Directors are city council members and three are County Supervisors. Twelve Directors serve as voting members and there are five Directors who serve as alternates.
VTA Policy Committees
- Administration and Finance Committee, Chairperson
- Downtown East Valley Policy Advisory Board
- Governance and Audit Committee
- Diridon Station Joint Policy Advisory Board
- Ad Hoc Committee- Envision Silicon Valley
- Capital Program Committee
- Committee for Transportation Mobility and Accessibility, Ex-Officio Member
- Eastridge to BART Regional Connector Policy Advisory Board
- Caltrain Board of Directors, Board Member representing Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
- Association of Bay Area Governments, Executive Board Member
- Joint Foster Youth Task Force, Co-Chair
- Fairgrounds Management Corporation, Liaison
- Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee, Chair
- Regional Housing Task Force (Cities Association of Santa Clara), Delegate
- Mental Health Board, Delegate
- Reentry Network Meeting, Chair
- San Jose Mayor's Gang Prevention Task Force, Member
- Santa Clara County Planning Commission, Liaison